Information regarding the AREDS 2 study and treatments for Macular Degeneration can be found at:
Key points from the AREDS 2 study:
1. Macular Degeneration patients, who are at high risk of progression to the advanced stages of the disease, should consider taking the AREDS 2 formulation after consulting with their physician.
2. The AREDS 2 formula is safe for patients with or without smoking histories.
3. Analysis of the AREDS 2 trial suggest that lutein and zeaxanthin may increase protective benefits against Advanced Macular Degeneration compared to the AREDS formula with beta carotene.
4. An AREDS 2 formula containing 80mg of Zinc is approximately 1.3% more likely to be effective at preserving vision from the advanced stages of macular degeneration than one containing 25mg of Zinc. No clinically or statistically significant differences in reported serious adverse events were found in the analyses between 80mg of Zinc and 25mg of Zinc.
5. Omega-3 fatty acids did not show improvement in preserving vision from Macular Degeneration or Cognitive benefits.
Research separate from The National Eye Institute’s AREDS and AREDS 2 studies discovered that copper should be added to a vitamin formula that contains zinc. The sole purpose of copper in the AREDS and AREDS 2 formula is to protect against a copper deficiency that may be associated with taking high amounts of zinc. Additional research suggests including 1mg of copper for every 25mg of zinc. Upon comparison of Visionary’s AREDS 2 formula to the recommendation from the National Eye Institute, it can be noted that Visionary’s AREDS 2 formula contains the exact levels of antioxidants and zinc being recommended in the AREDS 2 study. These specific levels of antioxidants and zinc may lower the risk of vision loss from the advanced stages of macular degeneration. After consulting with many of the top ophthalmologists and retina specialists across the country, Visionary’s AREDS 2 formula was formulated with 3mg of copper compared to the National Eye Institute's recommendation of 2mg which may protect against copper deficiency.
You should always consult with your eye care professional before starting any regime of dietary supplements.
Visionary Vitamins was founded on the idea to always be looking forward. In 2010, Visionary Vitamins consulted with a large number of well respected Ophthalmologists and Retina Specialists about developing an affordable brand of eye vitamin. Based on the latest scientific research available, we wanted to create a product that would be safe for both smokers and non-smokers. These physicians were not paid consulting fees to sponsor a product; rather, they are ethical doctors who care about their patients. These physicians believed in Visionary Vitamins to deliver high quality, affordable products. Together, we have helped macular degeneration patients across the country. We value and appreciate each and every one of the ophthalmologists and retina specialists we have worked with and regularly consult with them. We seek to continue delivering products that will provide the greatest benefit to the patient at the smallest possible expense. We also value and appreciate each patient that made Visionary Vitamins their choice of eye vitamin; your vision is important to us! We are dedicated to delivering exceptional customer service and products that represent the best value. Special wholesale pricing is available for retina and ophthalmology practices; call us for more information at 855-881-3100.
Manufacturing Standard of Excellence:
Visionary Vitamin Co.'s AREDS 2 products are manufactured in an FDA registered and inspected facility that strictly adheres to the Current Good Manufacturing Practices which serves as guidence by the FDA for the dietary supplement industry. Visionary Vitamin Co.'s products are also stored in an FDA registered and inspected warehousing and distribution facility. Great care is taken to ensure that each bottle contains only the highest quality product!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to treat, cure, prevent, or diagnose a disease.
1. The Age-Related Eye Disease Study 2 (AREDS2) Research Group*. Lutein + Zeaxanthin and Omega-3 Fatty Acids for Age-Related Macular DegenerationThe Age-Related Eye Disease Study 2 (AREDS2) Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA. 2013;309(19):2005-2015. doi:10.1001/jama.2013.4997
2. Age-Related Eye Disease Study Research Group. A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled, Clinical Trial of High-Dose Supplementation With Vitamins C and E, Beta Carotene, and Zinc for Age-Related Macular Degeneration and Vision LossAREDS Report No. 8. Arch Ophthalmol. 2001;119(10):1417-1436. doi:10.1001/archopht.119.10.1417
3. 1999 Physician's Desk Reference for Nonprescription Drugs and Dietary Supplements p.834.
4. Prevention's Healing with Vitamins Publication (1996).
5. GB 2,301,775
The AREDS 2 logo is a registered trademark of the US Department of Health and Human Services which is not affiliated to Visionary VItamin Co, Visionary Vitamin Co's products, or the contents on this website.
By purchasing any Visionary Vitamin Co product you are agreeing that you will not resell this product anywhere on the internet, through a third party distributor, or by any other means of reselling without written consent from Visionary Vitamin Co.